Car is not necessary
About Les Coches
We are situated in the mountain villages of Montchavin and Les Coches. Les Coches and Montchavin are 3 km apart, with their own ski area at the heart of the massive Paradiski area of La Plagne/Les Arcs.
Les Coches is a village of traditional style buildings with a combination of old world character and contemporary comfort, with a few local restaurants and bars. There are 2 bars and 1 night club open till late for those of you who can dance until 4am!
Montchavin is an authentic Savoyarde village and a vibrant ski station. As night falls the village lights make for a magical setting in this picturesque mountain village. Access by vehicle to the centre of the village is strictly controlled which means there is very little noise to disturb the tranquillity.
• 4 bars offering music and occasional live bands
• White Lines Bar : open till 2am, live music normally every Wednesday from 9pm
• Le Zing : open till 2am, live music normally mid-week from 9.30pm
• La Table du Tarin : après-ski bar and pizza/bistro restaurant, live music Wednesday from 5.30pm
• 4 restaurants
• La Table du Monchu : French bistro
• Le Poya : French bistro
• L’Origan : Pizza & Crepes
• La Table du Tarin : Pizza and French bistro
• Butcher : offers pre-made tarteflette etc, roast chicken. Also offers ingredients and equipment for fondu, meat on a hot stone, raclette
• Spar : deliveries for free to your apartment when you spend more than 50€
• Delicatessen – locally produced cheese. Plus the ingredients and material for fondu, meat on a hot stone, raclette
• 7 ski hire shops most selling clothing as well
• Newsagent offering souvenirs
• Souvenir and pottery shop
• Games and Activities in the square throughout the week
Activities near Les Coches
We are in the heart of the Paradiski area (425km of piste) offering more than enough variety for any level of skier or snowboarder. The Paradiski area comprises of the 2 huge ski areas of La Plagne and Les Arcs linked by the Vanoise Express cable car. Montchavin-Les Coches is perfectly placed in the centre giving quick and easy access to both areas.
The Paradiski area has something for everybody. For beginners there are three local areas specifically designed for you with nursery slopes separated from, but next to, one of the tree lined runs, which leads back to your accommodation. A network of snow cannons on the lower slopes ensures that you will normally be able to ski back home.
The wide blues and reds of the Paradiski area are perfect for intermediates and the blacks on the Bellcôte Glacier and Aiguille Rouge are testing enough for any advanced skier or boarder. The famous off-piste route down the North Face of the Bellcôte Peak is well worth experiencing - you will need a qualified guide to show the way, we can vouch for the fact that it is awesome.
This is a great area for boarders, beginners and experts alike. There are some fantastic cruisy blues to get you started, a great off-piste playground, half pipe, board parks and boarder cross.
The size of the Paradiski area (one of the largest ski areas in the world) means there are plenty of day trips visiting other linked ski stations such as Les Arcs, Villaroger, Montalbert and Champagny.
|Local sports activities
On-site: Skiing, Walking
Within 15 minutes: Swimming
We can offer a discount code for 2 local ski hire companies
|Local leisure activities
On-site: Food shop, Restaurant, Shopping