Chalet Marie Stuart is a traditional Savoyard chalet, which was completely refurbished in 2004. The chalet has six en-suite bedrooms sleeping up to 12 people. This Samoëns chalet accommodation is privately owned and operated, and you can be sure of a warm welcome with every effort being put into making your holiday a wonderful experience. A fully catered ski chalet is offered for the winter season, or bed and breakfast with dinner on request at other times of the year. Short breaks are on offer all year round when available, and there is a self catering option most of the year.
Our ski chalet is situated in Le Petit Saix, a hamlet just outside the beautiful, historic French village of Samoëns, which gives direct access to 265kms of pistes and five ski resorts, known collectively as Le Grand Massif. The chalet is breathtakingly sited overlooking a small stream, grassy field and woodland, and in the distance has an impressive mountain backdrop
Caroline your host is a qualified chef with 25 years experience in the hospitality industry. You can look forward to a friendly, high standard of service to help you enjoy a fantastic holiday - summer or winter.
The ski accommodation is set up as follows
- Outside parking & garden
- Garage - ski and board rack
- Large boiler/drying room
- Proprietor's Laundry room
- Games and fitness room
- Sauna suite with shower and WC
- Dining and living room with log burning fire, two sets of French windows leading to large balcony stretching round most of the chalet
- Television and satellite/DVD room
- Separate WC
- Twin/king bedroom with en-suite bathroom (shower over bath)
- Double bedroom with French windows to balcony. En-suite shower room
- 2 x twin/king bedrooms with en-suite shower rooms
- 2 x twin/king bedrooms with French windows and private balconies. En-suite shower rooms in both
- All bedrooms have their own en suite shower, WC and wash hand basin
Catered Chalet Service:
In winter the package includes chalet accommodation, breakfast - as sumptuous or frugal as you wish, afternoon tea, pre-dinner aperitif, and a gourmet dinner with wine and liqueur, other than on Wednesday, which is the chef's night off. This will give you the opportunity to sample one of the excellent restaurants in the village.
For a reasonable extra charge:
- packed lunches can be supplied at 24 hours notice
- soft drinks and biscuits/snacks are available on request
- Young children may be given an early supper to allow you to relax over your own meal, and special diets are catered for, given reasonable advance notice.
The ski chalet is positioned between the two main ski lifts out of the village. The Grand Massif Express Télécabine, giving direct access to Samoëns 1600, is just 800 metres down hill from the ski chalet. Alternatively, the Vercland Télécabine (also 800m from the chalet) will deliver you to Samoëns 1600 just by the ski hire shop and ski schools. Both lifts can be reached by a free ski bus which stops within easy walking distance (50m) from Chalet Marie Stuart.