Car is not necessary
The Four Valleys is one of only ski areas in the world awarded 5 stars and there are 412 km of pistes. The majority of pistes are at high altitude and the snow is reliable. All levels of skier are well catered for. At the top of the Nendaz cable is a childrens snow park and restaurant. There are lots of runs for the intermediate skiier among the trees and up high, with many characterful restaurants to visit. For the hardened skiier there is no shortage of challenge off piste with the run down the glacier at the back of Mont Fort a favourite.
Nendaz itself is a famiily friendly resort with a full range of restaurants and apres ski and shops and spas.
The Four Valleys are the sunniest part of Switzerland and claim 300 days of sunshine every year. There is a huge range of activities available from hiking the 98 km of bisses (tributaries to the Rhone river) and 250 km of other marked trails to mountain biking, paragliding, swimming, tennis. For the children there are organised activities and treasure hunts as well.
Further afield, Lake Geneva is 45 minutes drive away. For the cultured, Martigny is an interesting visit with the Pierre Giada Foundation and its Roman ruins. Switzerland‘s largest theme park, Happyland is 35 minutes away as is Waterworld and there are golf courses at Sion (20 minutes) and Crans Montana (35 minutes but worth the extra drive).
Other Winter activities in Nendaz
- Moonlit Skiing - monthly event to coincide with the full moon, with the ski patrol doing a final check of the pistes at 11pm. For about £20 (£13 for children), you get a lift pass for the evening, the aperitif, copious helpings of pasta and a glass of vin chaud on the piste. It's particularly popular with local families and a really fun evening.
- Ice Skating – in the village, great for all ages
- Tobogganing - there is a toboggan run in Nendaz town but also every Tuesday night from the top of Tracouet. There is also a great run in Siviez which is our favourite for all the family to do together.
- Winter Walks - In Winter: There are 15 marked hiking trails kept open and maintained which cover more than 90 km. A hiking brochure with a map and detailed description of these trails is available free of charge from the Tourist Office.
- Bike hire (dedicated mountain tracks)
- Hiking (mountain treks and restaurants/BBQ)
- Horse riding / Donkey trekking
- Outdoor Swimming Pools
- Gym/ Personal trainer /Spa
- Wine tasting / Cooking lessons
- White water rafting
Aside of the mountain sports there is no shortage of things to amuse the kids and wear them out. These include in summer full-time week long sports and adventure classes for the 6.5yrs and older. These courses include climbing, swimming, walking, football, basketball, tennis etc.
There are summer playgrounds at the Siviez restaurant on the slopes, at the Tracouet restaurant (which also has kiddies bikes for free) and a large playground/adventure park next to the sports centre in the village.
Activities near Nendaz
|Local sports activities
Within 15 minutes: Mountain biking, Climbing, Sports centre, Fishing, Cycling, Skiing, Tennis
Within 45 minutes: Horse riding, Golf
|Local leisure activities
Within 15 minutes: Food shop, Restaurant, Shopping
||Cycling holiday, Good night life, Ski Holidays, Summer holidays, Walking holiday