Chalet de Valmorel was built in 1824 for a family producing cheese and farming cattle on the verdant slopes of the Morel valley. With the advent of tourism in the 1970s, the chalet was converted and extended into a small family-run hotel. It now operates as a classic ‘catered chalet’ but with the benefits of those hotel-style facilities.
The 8 en-suite bedrooms are arranged in clusters along the same corridor, so families and friends can stay together. The chalet can actually accommodate up to 22 people, with 2 extra beds in a small annexe room.. There are a variety of double, single and full-size bunk beds to suit all requirements. All the rooms are decorated in the ‘Savoyard’ style, with en-suite showers and WCs. The rooms are centrally-heated and there is plenty of hanging and cupboard space and great views toward the Vanoise Nature Park.
At the heart of the chalet is the spacious lounge, with a huge glass-fronted log-fire, widescreen TV, DVD and connectors for laptops, etc., a music system and plenty of comfy sofas. There is a library of books and games to borrow. Next door is the guests’ kitchen, minibar and tables and chairs for games playing, etc. Enjoy the panoramic views from the lounge, towards the peaks of Valmorel.
Outside there is a large sunny terrace, with stunning panoramic views across the valley and a eco-friendly wood-fired hot-tub.
The chalet is located in the picturesque hamlet of Le Pré, one of many old farming villages that have been integrated into the ski area. It is at the foot of the Valmorel ski area, with 2 green pistes terminating 50m from the chalet and 2 lifts linking to the heart of the ski area. Valmorel village centre is easily accessed by free shuttle bus (takes 5 minutes), which run until after midnight. At Le Pré there is a bar, restaurant and ski shop, 100m from the chalet.
- Comfortable value-for-money catered ski accommodation in Valmorel, the secret gem of the French Alps.
- Located in the large ski area of Valmorel-Grand-Domaine, with 48 lifts and 165km of pistes offering great skiing for all abilities.
- 20 beds in 8 en-suite bedrooms with stunning views, outside hot-tub, large lounge area, with log-fire, games room, sunny terraces, free wifi.
- Ski to within 50m on an easy green piste, and there are 2 lifts just across the road.
- Real chalet food: hearty home-cooked meals using quality ingredients (20 years experience) and a range of delicious wines and beers. Full bar service available.
- Free shuttle bus to centre of Valmorel (until after midnight), or 15 minutes walk. Bar, restaurant and ski hire shop next to the chalet.
- Easy access with short transfers – only 1hr from nearest airport (Chambéry) and 20 minutes from Eurostar station, free off-road car-parking
- Great value for money, with lift passes and resort prices 25 – 30% lower then the neighbouring mega-resorts.
- 7 nights accommodation
- Bed linen and towels are provided. Midweek towel change available
- 6 afternoon teas
- 6 x 3 course dinner with wine and coffee
- 7 breakfasts (6 with hot dish)
- Cots, child beds, highchairs and loan of other equipment subject to availability
- Local taxes (Taxe de Sejour)
- Note no dinner or tea provided on staff day off.
Our Catered Chalet Service:
As Chalet de Valmorel was formerly a hotel, meals are served in the downstairs dining room. Food is prepared in the adjacent professional kitchen, and there is a full service bar which can be opened on request (only available to guests).
We believe in real chalet food, with expertly cooked and beautifully presented meals mixing the best of French and British cuisine. Expect all the chalet classics, from tartiflette to sticky-toffee-pudding, Sunday roast, hearty soups, home-made pizza for the children, options for vegetarians, vegans and all types of dietary requirements.
Every afternoon there’s a different cake to look forward to, and a well-stocked minibar with local beers, wines and soft-drinks at very reasonable prices. Tea, coffee and hot-chocolate is available at any time.
Everyday except chalet day off (normally Wednesday) we offer:
- Cooked Breakfast - 7.30 am – 9.00am (self-service breakfast available on day off)
- Afternoon Tea & Cake - from 3pm
- Children’s Dinner - (2 courses) normally at 6.30pm
- Adult Dinner - (3 courses) normally at 8pm with wine and coffee