We also have ski chalets to rent in:
Description for this chalet in Tignes
wi-fi, airport transfers available, and satellite / cable tv
Chalet La Tourne is a catered chalet that is located in the heart of Le Lac, Tignes. The chalet accommodates up to 21 guests, with its seven beautifully furnished bedrooms. La Tourne has a lovely living area which is now split in two. There is a new snug area providing additional seating to the existing living area. There is a large terrace area for you to come back to and give those weary legs a well-earned rest, while taking in the beautiful scenery. The chalet’s large, self-contained professional kitchen allows our staff to create delicious dishes.
The indoor ski and boot storage area ensures dry and warm boots in the morning. For those bad weather days the free WIFI and a variety of board games and DVDs are perfect.
The chalet consists of 7 bedrooms, furnished in traditional style. There is an indoor ski and boot room, ensuring a clutter free chalet.
The Chalet Bedrooms:
- Ecureuil is the largest room that is available as a twin/double room or as a family room. Ecureuil benefits from an en-suite bathroom along with beautiful views of the Pointe du Lavachet.
- Ibex is a large room that is available as a twin/double room or as a family room, and is also an en-suite. This room benefits from beautiful views of the Pointe du Lavachet.
- New Lievres is available as twin/double or triple. It has plenty of space for all of your holiday essentials, and is ensuite.
- Marmotte is a great twin/double room that also has ample space for all of your holiday essentials. This room benefits from beautiful views of the Pointe du Lavachet.
- Eterlou is a great twin/double room that also has sufficient space for all of your holiday essentials. This room benefits from beautiful views of the Pointe du Lavachet.
- Dahu is a great twin/double room that also has more than enough space for all of your holiday essentials.
- Chamois is a large room that is available as a twin/double room or as a family room. This room is offered at a reduced rate, as it has no window.
- Ecureuil, Ibex and New Lievres are all ensuite.
- Marmotte and Eterlou share a shower room.
- Dahu and Chamois share a shower room.
Our Tignes Catered Chalet Service:
- 7 x Night’s chalet accommodation.
- 6 x Delicious three-course evening meal.
- 6 x Breakfasts with a cooked option (fruit juices, cereals, fresh fruit, yogurts, pastries, plus a warming cooked option)
- 7 x Afternoon teas with freshly baked cakes.
- House red and white wine, tea and coffee with evening meal.
- Bubbles and canapés to accompany your warm welcome chat.
- Bed linen, towels and local taxes.
- A selection of board games and DVDs
- FREE return transfer from Geneva airport.
- FREE WIFI
- Sky freeview
- Hosted Continental breakfast on chalet staffs day off. (fruit juices, select of cereals, fresh fruit, yogurts, and pastries)
- A team of dedicated and caring chalet staff and management.
- Fresh pastries
- Last supper – relax and enjoy a FREE delicious and varied cheese board along with a glass of port.
- 10% OFF liftpasses (3 days or more Espace Killy, or 6 days or more Tignes)
The chalet is situated 200m from the centre of Le Lac which is an easy 5 minute walk away. Intermediate skiers and boarders are able to cross the road and slide down to the slopes.
Location: Tignes in France
Car is not necessary
The chalet is situated in the centre of Tignes Le Lavachet. A selection of bars and restaurants, hire shops and ski schools are within a minutes walk.
Skiers and boarders can cross the road and slide straight onto the slopes. This is the Lavachet nursery ski slope, which leads directly to chairlifts Paquis and Chaudannes. 50m away is the bus stop, two stops away from Tignes Le Lac.
Skiing in Tignes;
The resort of Tignes forms a ski area named L’Espace Killy. With a little help from its famous neighbour Val d’Isere, the area makes up one of the world’s premier ski holiday destinations. The old village of Tignes disappeared beneath the waters of Lac du Chevril when the valley was dammed in 1952.
The ski resort of Tignes (2100m) is now made up of smaller villages.
Le Lavachet, Le Lac, and Val Claret are the three main villages and are connected with a regular FREE bus service. Further down the valley you will find Les Boisses (1850m) and Les Brevieres (1550m) nestled at the very edge of the ski area.
With the majority of pistes above 2100m and a summit of 3600m, the resort has a snow reliability record that is the envy of the Alps. With this impressive snow record, Tignes has one of the longest European winter seasons, running from November into May. Add to that the summer and autumn glacier skiing, and you’ll find there are not many days when you can’t go for a slide.
Snowsports enthusiasts of all abilities are catered for, with over 300km of pistes accessed by 97 lifts, (See Piste Map). The area around Le Lac offers plenty of gentle slopes for those tentative first turns. By contrast, the vast areas of off-piste have long provided Tignes with the reputation of an off-piste mecca.
Apres Ski and Eating out in Tignes:
For a quick snack, make sure you sample the legendary nachos in the Loop bar, in Tignes le Lac. Tignes Cuisine next door, serve a whole variety of takeaway meals, from great pasties to Thai green curry - and for those tired ski legs, they also deliver. If you’re in Val Claret, then the Aspen Lodge for the awesome aspen burger is a must.
To dine out, visit Le Brasero in Le Lavachet for well-priced international dishes, or La Ferme des 3 Capucines, translated as ‘The Farm’. This restaurant really is a farm, offering amazing Savoyard dishes. Le Lac has many restaurants; Bagus Bar is a safe bet for a tasty pizza, or try Savoyarde tradition in real style, at Clin d’Oeil. Val Claret offers Le Petite Savoyard for all round value and if you want atmosphere, try Le Caveau, a great little restaurant which often offers live music starting around 9pm.
In Tignes Le Lavachet, you can sample a few beers and live bands in Le Brasero, or the infamous strength Mutzig beer in TCs, home to many a resort worker. Look out for the pool-opening party at Scotty’s towards the end of the winter.
If you fancy a relaxing drink in Le Lac, you could head to the Alpaka Lodge for cocktails. The Loop Bar has a great happy hour and regular live bands, and no trip to Tignes is complete without visiting the Jam Bar and the Marmotte Arms. For the later nights, check out Jack’s Club.
If you're in Val Claret, then it’s essential that you experience Grizzly’s Bar; surrounded by wooden bears, it’s a unique and memorable establishment. Also find the stylish Couloir, and perhaps finish at The Melting Pot.
Non Skiing Activities in Tignes:
As we all know, in the mountains there is the odd day or two when the weather is not perfect. Below are some suggestions of how you might fill a day off the hill:
Le Lagon is a new aqua centre that offers a 25 metre pool with lanes, if you are fancying a few lengths. It also has a family play pool area with a 3 lane water slide, leisure pool, bubble bed, whirlpool seat and geyser. Access to La Lagon is FREE with a 6 day lift pass. There is a wellness centre that includes a spa, steam room, saunas and fun showers. If you are still not worn out then there’s a gym to burn off some energy.
The Tignespace complex has 2 squash courts, table tennis tables, climbing wall, bowling alley and a sports hall that can be used for football, basket ball or tennis.
If you are looking for something a bit different, then why not try ice skating on the lake, racing an ice kart, riding a horse, driving a husky drawn sled, ice diving, riding a skidoo or maybe a helicopter flight.
After all of that action you might need somewhere for some relaxation and pampering, so try one of the spas that are dotted around Tignes.
Activities near Tignes
|Local sports activities
Within 15 minutes: Mountain biking, Swimming, Climbing, Sports centre, Fishing, Cycling, Skiing, Tennis
|Local leisure activities
Within 15 minutes: Food shop, Cinema, Restaurant, Shopping
||Cycling holiday, Good night life, Ski Holidays, Summer holidays, Walking holiday