Brown Bear Lodge is just minutes from the slopes, has its own outdoor hot tub which sits on a beautiful sun terrace. We had this chalet built ourselves so it is very close to our hearts and has become a favourite amongst a lot of our repeat guests. We have made improvements to modernise it over the years while still retaining the real cosy chalet feel, it really is a very comfortable and spacious chalet, a truly special place for your winter holiday.
The four rooms on the top floor all have balconies and are exceptionally spacious, the rooms can be made up as a triple with 3 single beds or as a king size double plus single. The remaining rooms are twins/doubles; the single beds can be pushed together to make a superking double. Complimentary Myddfai luxury toiletries are provided, as are hairdryers, towels and robes.
Chalet Accommodation Layout:
On the ground floor there is a large open plan dining / living area. From the dining area French windows open out onto a large sun terrace, an ideal spot for the outdoor hot tub!.
In the living area plenty of comfortable sofas ensures everyone can stretch out in front of the open roaring log fire. Flat screen TV with satellite and DVD player, IPod docking station and free WiFi Internet access are provided as well as more traditional board games and a stack of cards!
In the basement there is a sauna and we can even book you an in-house massage! Storage for skis and heated boot racks are provided in the garage as well as a table tennis table and extra sofas and TV.
- 4 superior triple ensuite bedrooms with balconies
- 3 twin/double ensuite bedrooms
- Open log fire
- Free WiFi internet access
- Games room with table tennis, Satellite TV & DVD player
- Sauna & outdoor hot tub
- Bath robes and hairdryers, two pillows. Luxury toiletries
- Ski racks and heated boot warmers
- Few minute walk to bars & restaurants
- Private slope transfers
- On free ski bus route
Location and Mini-Bus Service:
Brown Bear Lodge is located in the little hamlet of Montriond which adjoins Morzine and offers easy access to Avoriaz and the rest of the Portes Du Soleil ski area via the Ardent telecabine.
For guests who have booked our airport transfers we also offer a complimentary in resort mini-bus service with morning drop offs and afternoon pick ups at either the Pleney or the Ardent telecabine which means you have complete flexibility on where you want to ski. It also means no more trudging about in ski boots! Montriond has a couple of lovely bars and restaurants and a ski hire shop which are a short walk from the chalet.
Our Catered Chalet Service:
This chalet is run by three full time members of staff, a Chalet Host Couple plus a Driver/Chalet helper.Your chalet hosts as well as cooking you delicious meals and keeping the chalet clean and tidy will be there to make you feel at home, advise you on the ski area and activities and generally help you get the most out of your holiday. Our service on weekly stays includes:
• Breakfast daily: continental buffet consisting of: croissants, pain, cereals, fruit juice, yoghurts, fresh fruit and tea, infusions and coffee. 6 mornings your chalet hosts will also offer you a daily cooked special.
• Afternoon tea and freshly baked cakes daily.
• Aperitifs and canapes, 5 nights.
• Evening dinner with superior complimentary wine 6 nights. (we offer a 3 course evening meal & cheeseboard on 5 nights and then the 6th evening we offer a Speciality Savoyard evening).
• Hotel clean of bathroom 4 mornings plus mid week towel change.
• Complimentary toiletries & robes
• Organisation of ski passes with up to 10% discount
• Excellent quality ski hire at partner ski shops with great discounts for our guests.
• In resort minibus service when guests have booked our airport transfer service
Our Savoyard night is a true taste of the Alps as well as being sociable and fun. We serve local Raclette cheese that you then cook at the table and which is served alongside a cold meat platter, green salad, pickles, gherkins and new potatoes followed by a classic French dessert.
We also cater for vegetarians and vegans and will do our best to cater for guests with special dietary requirements such as allergies (please do let us know at time of booking).