About Val d'Isere
Access by car:
Paris (694 km) - Lyon (230 km)
- Take the motorway to Grenoble then the A430 to Albertville
- Next take the RN90 to Bourg-Saint-Maurice Then the D902 towards Val d'Isère/Tignes
- Cross the Daille area and head towards Val d'Isère centre
- The road to enter the residence is located on your left, 50 m after the local police station
Distance to train station:
BOURG SAINT-MAURICE station (31 km)
GENEVA-COINTRIN AIRPORT (180 km)
CHAMBÉRY AIRPORT (140 km)
LYON ST EXUPÉRY AIRPORT (217 km)
The Val d'Isère resort, also known as La Grande Dame (the Great Lady), is now one of the largest skiing areas in the world. Val d'Isère is a village that has preserved its authenticity, with its typical Savoyard architecture of timber and stonework, set against a backdrop of green pines and stark white snow.
There are numerous sporting and cultural facilities available here.
In the Savoie region and Haute-Tarentaise valley, the resort stands on the eastern face of the Vanoise mountain.
- Chalets that combine traditional Savoie architecture and a modern touch.
- Val d'Isère culminates at 1,850 m.
A full range of shops and services can be found in the centre of the Val d'Isère resort, including bakeries, pâtisseries, tearooms, supermarkets, restaurants, nightclubs, sports shops, clothes shops, souvenir shops, newsagent, banks, doctors' surgeries, pharmacy, optician, beauty salon, hairdresser, perfume shop and jewellers
Comprising two ski resorts (Tignes and Val d'Isère), Espace Killy is a ski centre, which is perfect for holidays with the family or children in Savoie. Espace Killy features 300 km of slopes, enabling skiers of all levels to enjoy their favourite sport. Holiday or weekend rentals in the Les Chalets de Solaise or Les Balcons de Bellevarde residences in Val d'Isère allow you to enjoy activities such as climbing ice falls or ice karting.
Activities near Val d'Isere
- Leisure centre, Leisure centre near the residence. (Fee applies)
- Water sports centre, An 800 m² beach area located 2 km from the Aquasportif centre: leisure pool, river with current, water cannons, massage jets, bubble bench, paddling pool and swimming pool. (Fee applies)
- Fitness, A 200 m² sports area located 2 km from the Aquasportif centre dedicated to climbing and a multisports venue (volleyball, indoor football, basketball, badminton and table tennis) (Fee applies)
- Ice rink, Ice rink located near the residence. (Fee applies)
- Tennis, Tennis court in the resort. (Fee applies)
- Mountaineering, Walks and hikes in the stunning setting of Val d'Isère.
Information about mountain guides available from reception.
Please note: caters for all ages and all levels. (Fee applies)
- Football, Sports ground in the holiday village or resort.
- Alpine skiing, Hurtle down the resort's various alpine ski runs. Unique sensations and awe-inspiring landscapes will make you want just one thing: to do it again! (Fee applies)
- Children's clubs, Children's clubs in the resort:
- The Children's Village located 800 m away (Le Rond Point des Pistes - 73150 Val d'Isère) for children aged 18 months to 13 years, open Sunday to Friday 9 am to 5.30 pm, tel: +33 (0)4 79 40 09 81 - www.valdisere-levillagedesenfants.com (a range of leisure and early learning activities, both indoors and outdoors, beginner or refresher ski lessons and an à la carte half-day programme with or without meal, full-day or week-long packages).
- The Jardin des Neiges ski kindergarten for children aged 4 to 5 years (teaching skiing through games), open 9.30 am to 12.30 pm and 2.30 pm to 5 pm, tel: +33 (0)4 79 06 09 99 - www.esfvaldisere.com - email@example.com
Please note: You must present your child's medical record showing they are up-to-date with vaccinations (BCG/DT Polio as a minimum). (Fee applies)
- Ice hiking, Whether you're a beginner or a seasoned professional, put on your crampons and explore some stunning ice hiking trails with our mountain guides. (Fee applies)
- Snowboarding, With both feet on the board, carve out your best curves and enjoy an incredible feeling of freedom! (Fee applies)
- Paragliding, This activity is available nearby. (Fee applies)
- Cinema, Cinema in the resort. (Fee applies)
- Nightclub, There is a nightclub in the resort. (Fee applies)
- Climbing, This activity is available nearby. (Fee applies)
- Snowshoes, Snowshoe trips. (Fee applies)
- Cross-country skiing, Surround yourself in natural beauty along some exceptional trails and routes! (Fee applies)
- Wellness centre, A 250 m² wellness area located 2 km from the Aquasportif centre: saunas, hammam, hot tub, aroma pool and sunbed, massages, facials and body treatments. (Fee applies)
- Microlight, This activity is available nearby. (Fee applies)
- Squash, This activity is available at the resort. (Fee applies)