About Val Thorens
Access by car:
Paris (670 km) - Lyon (220 km) - Geneva (170 km) - Chambéry (112 km)
- Take the A43 motorway as far as Albertville, come of at exit 40 and join the RN90 to Moûtiers
- Then follow the D117 as far as Val Thorens (37 km)
Distance to train station:
MOÛTIERS STATION (37 km)
CHAMBERY AIRPORT (112 km)
LYON ST EXUPÉRY AIRPORT (193 km)
GENEVA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (159 km)
Situated at an altitude of 2,300 metres, Val Thorens is the highest resort in Europe. It straddles the summit of the Three Valleys, the largest ski area in the world. Val Thorens offers exceptional snow conditions to suit everybody's taste. Suitable for families and sports enthusiasts, the resort is famous both for the proximity of its slopes and its wide range of apres-ski activities. Coming to Val Thorens, it's also the unique opportunity to discover magnificent landscapes.
Located in the northern Alps, Val-Thorens is the highest resort in Europe, culminating at 2,300 m.
- The resort is located within the 3 Vallées ski area.
- Val Thorens, a pedestrian and festive resort, is a winter sports paradise.
- The longest sledge run in France can be found there: 6 km.
All services and shops are in the centre of the resort, 500 m from the residence: restaurants, mini-markets, bakeries, banks, doctor's surgery, pharmacy, bowling etc.
Three Valleys skiing
The 3 Valleys include 8 worldwide famous French ski resorts and is the largest ski area not only in the French Alps but also in the world. In this famous French ski resort, you will find over 600 kilometres of slopes, from beginners to vertiginous couloirs (51 green 132 blue, 106 red, 32 black), 169 ski lifts, over 2,100 artificial snow making machines (which guaranty that you will be able to ski even if the weather is not optimal) ... when it comes to skiing, the Three Valley ski area is the place to be.
Our residence in the Three valleys Courchevel 1850 les Ecrins is located in the centre of Courchevel 1850 and offers studios for 4 people. The rentals are fully equipped so that you will not have to worry about anything. Children's clubs are also available from Monday to Friday for children from 3 to 12 years old with both indoor and outdoor activities.
Our resort Meribel Les Ravines is also located in the three valleys skiing domain. The wooden building is located in the heart of Meribel, close to the shops and restaurants. The residence offers a wide range of accommodation from studio cabins for 4 persons to 1 bedroom cabins for 6 persons. All rentals are also self-catered. A water park with a covered pool is included in the resort.
Our premium residence Les Alpages de Reberty is located at the top of Les Menuires. The beautiful wooden chalets have been recently renovated and offer accommodation ranging from 1 bedroom apartments for 3 or 5 persons to 4 bedroom apartments for 9 to 10 persons. Children's clubs as well as a spa are directly on the premises.
Activities near Val Thorens
- Mountaineering, Walks and hikes in the exceptional setting of Val Thorens.
Information about mountain guides available from reception. (Fee applies)
- Basketball, Head to the resort's basketball court to clock up some slam-dunks!
Basketball court in the sports centre, 600 m from the residence. (Fee applies)
- Sledging, Le Toboggan sledging area (accessible via the Péclat cable car, to the Chalet du Toboggan, just before the Cascades ski lift departure area, 1 km from the residence).
Slope at an altitude of 3000 m, 45 minutes of downhill sledging on the longest run in France.
Please note: discounts apply with the ski pass. Bookings to be made directly with the Setam office, tel: +33 (0)4 79 00 07 08. (Fee applies)
- Indoor pool, The sports centre will reopen in the Winter of 2022 after renovation (Fee applies)
- Bowling, Bowling alley nearby. (Fee applies)
- Children's clubs, Piou Piou Mini Club for children aged 3 to 4 years, 200 m from the residence (ESF), tel: +33 (0)4 79 00 02 86 - firstname.lastname@example.org - www.esf-valthorens.com
Sunday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm, full or half day, with meal option
Beginners' skiing, indoor activities (games, drawing, painting, face painting, etc.) and outdoor activities (sledging, snowshoeing, etc.) (Fee applies)
- Climbing, This activity is available nearby. (Fee applies)
- Ice hiking, Val Thorens Guides' Office (Saint-Martin-de-Belleville), tel: +33 (0)4 79 01 04 15, email: email@example.com (Fee applies)
- Squash, This activity is available at the resort. (Fee applies)
- Microlight, This activity is available nearby. (Fee applies)
- Fun park, A play area is located less than 700 m from your residence for kids to enjoy: trampolines, bouncy castles and children's play frames (for ages 10 and under) are grouped together in this area, where younger and older children can meet up and have fun!
Fun Park open 7 days a week from November to May, from 10 am to 10 pm (Fee applies)
- Football, Sports ground in the holiday village or resort. (Fee applies)
- Snowshoes, Val Thorens Guides Office (Eskival Building), tel: +33 (0)4 79 00 70 54. (Fee applies)
- Tennis, The sports centre will reopen in the Winter of 2022 after renovation (Fee applies)
- Volleyball, The sports centre will reopen in the Winter of 2022 after renovation (Fee applies)
- Badminton, The sports centre will reopen in the Winter of 2022 after renovation (Fee applies)
- Fitness, The sports centre will reopen in the Winter of 2022 after renovation (Fee applies)