From the moment you step into Chalet La Varappe, you know you’re somewhere rather special. Originally built by Mr Pomagalski (founder of the world-leading company, Poma), much of the interior is clad in the wood cleared whilst building the lift system in Méribel, giving the chalet an incredibly authentic and alpine-esque ambience. With its welcoming warmth and attention to detail, it’s not surprising that until now, La Varappe has been a private home. Now an exciting addition to our portfolio of exclusive chalets, it can at last be enjoyed by those looking for homely luxury after a long day on the slopes.
The heart of La Varappe is its alluringly cosy yet sumptuous sitting room. With its striking stone fireplace, exquisite artworks, intriguing antiques and quintessentially English furnishings, you’ll feel like you could curl up on the sofa forever.
The dining room’s laden bookcases and opulent furnishings promise a relaxed yet sophisticated culinary experience. And with 10 seats at the table, it’s a fantastic spot to get together over beautiful food and wine.
Its spacious terraces, garden and private outdoor hot tub allow you to marvel at the mountains even after you’ve kicked off your skis. The chalet also offers a steam room for aching muscles, a TV/games room and, of course, a large ski and boot room.
Located in the centre of Méribel, Chalet La Varappe sleeps 10 people in supreme comfort within five beautifully designed bedrooms, each with an en-suite bath or shower room. There is an additional attic bedroom suitable for two or more children.
The Chalet Details
10 + 2 Guests
Staff: 3 staff who live out
• TV room/Children's play room
• Infant cots
• Three of the bedrooms are suitable for cots
• Ski room with heated boot racks
• Outdoor hot tub
• Steam room
• Private Car parking
• Private minibus service
• In chalet ski and boot fitting service
• Delicious four course dinners 6 days of your stay
• Unlimited champagne at any time
• Fine chateau and domaine-bottled wines
• Your lift pass waiting for you on your arrival.
• (Cost of pass not included in price)
• Egyptian cotton sheets, fluffy towels
• Mid-week towel change
• Goose down duvets
• Two pillows for every guest
• Luxury dressing gowns and slippers
• Hair dryers in every room
• Neal's Yard toiletries
• Fresh flowers, daily newspapers, magazines
• Fresh flowers in every bedroom
• Complimentary bar of wine, beer, spirits and soft drinks
• Nespresso coffee machine
• Personal laundry facilities
• Books and games
• TV, DVD player, Apple TV, iPod Dock and C.D. player
• Sky free to air television channels
• Extensive DVD library
• Security safe