Marmotte Mountain Retreat is traditional and classical in design, a fine example of a true winter wonderland dream.
This magnificent luxury 4-bedroom catered ski chalet can sleep up to 8 guests. Marmotte Mountain Retreat can be found nestled in French pine forest in the 18th century old village of Argentiere. Two mountain streams flow past either side of the chalet, greatly adding to the beautiful ambience of being tucked away in a real mountain retreat. An outdoor hot tub sits adjacent to one of these streams, allowing guests to fully relax and enjoy the amazing views and stunning surroundings of the chalet. Marmotte Mountain Retreat is a mountain paradise and a place of great beauty for all who visit.
Marmotte Mountain Retreat is also a great place for children and families. The large private front garden provides endless opportunities for exploring, building snowman/snow caves and tobogganing.
In summary, included in our catered package is as follows;
• Our Specialty - 4 course fine dining evening meal served on 5 out of 7 nights, prepared by fully qualified and highly experienced chef.
• Carefully chosen high quality complimentary house wine from Domaine de Mourchon
• Cooked and/or continental breakfast, served daily.
• Afternoon tea, served daily.
• Complimentary daily resort transfers to/from your ski area of choice within the Chamonix Valley.
• Options to ski at nearby ski resorts of Courmayeur (Italy - and included in the MBU ski pass), Verbier (Switzerland - and included in the MBU ski pass) or Saint Gervais/Megeve (France - and included in the MBU ski pass).
• High quality Egyptian linen, bath towels and bath robes.
• L’Occitane toiletries.
• Daily housekeeping.
• Children's menu available, with separate dining times.
• Sleeping amenities for infants.
• Snow sturdy pushchair, highchair and children’s car seats / booster seats available upon request.
• Reservation service for in-house nanny’s.
• Reservation service for exceptional in-house massage.
• Option to pre-purchase ski lift passes at significantly reduced prices (for early bookings during non peak weeks).
• Concierge service for private ski instructors and high mountain guides (handpicked where possible, ensuring quality of instructor/guide).
• Ski school booking service for children and adults.
• Reservation service for Vallee Blanche, heliskiing, ski touring, overnight stays in back country refuges, high mountain courses, ice-climbing, husky dog rides, tandem paragliding, scenic helicopter joy flights etc.
• Options to visit surrounding attractions such as the popular thermal pools in nearby Chamonix and Pre St Didier.
• Local restaurant recommendations – both on mountain and in valley.
• Friendly local advice as required.
We are a small, boutique Chamonix Valley based company that specialise in luxury ski chalet rentals in Argentiere and Chamonix. We own and operate our business locally, and as we live in Argentiere full-time, the advice we provide is up to date, well informed and of high quality, utilising our local knowledge and local friendly contacts whenever possible. Experience, attention to detail, friendly happy staff and small personal touches are qualities Marmotte Mountain is renowned for and we take great pleasure in creating a unique holiday experience, tailored specifically to meet your individual requirements. Our aim is for you to return year after year so we do our utmost to give you the best skiing experience we possibly can.
And we are proud to report that we consistently have a client retention rate in excess of 50%-70%, year upon year – a lovely indicator that we must be achieving our goals.
It is also worth noting that all chefs employed by Marmotte Mountain Adventure are fully qualified with extensive experience in fine dining restaurants (often with Michelin star rating) and world class hotels. Therefore the quality of the food being served on a nightly basis is exceptional and a true highlight to all that stay with us.
We also specialise in fine wine and we are proud to present our extensive upgradable wine cellar to all our guests to enjoy. More details available upon request.
If you require any further information on the offer above or on the skiing/logistics of the Chamonix Valley itself, please feel free to get back in touch - we are only too happy to assist further as required.
I look forward to receiving your thoughts shortly.
If, on the day before arrival, any of the circumstances outlined below apply to your booked dates, and this results in your booking being cancelled, then you will be entitled to either a 100% refund of your accommodation payments or a 100% credit note depending on the applicable circumstances.
Valid circumstances covered by these Covid-19 cancellation terms are limited to:
official closure of the property due to Covid-19 restrictions - 100% refund applies in this case
if the government of the country where the property is located, imposes a mandatory travel restriction preventing travel either to the country or to the property, or imposes a mandatory quarantine on arrival - 100% refund applies in this case
if the government of your country of departure, imposes a mandatory travel restriction preventing travel either to the country or region where the property is located - 100% credit note applies in this case
if the government of your country of departure, advises against all non essential travel to the country or region where the property is located - 100% credit note applies in this case
All other reasons will not be considered a valid reason to utilise the Covid-19 cancellation terms, and the standard cancellation terms will apply. These include, but are not limited to:
an unwillingness to travel
an inability to travel due to medical reasons (including any related to Covid-19)
an inability to travel due to vaccination status
individual or household stay-at-home orders
These Covid-19 cancellation terms are valid up to the day before arrival. After this date there will be no refund or credit note should Covid-19 have an impact upon your booking.
Your country of departure will be determined by the address used at the time of booking and this address will apply to all parties on the booking.
It is your responsibility to comply with all relevant health and/or vaccination requirements in the countries you are travelling to and from.
Where a credit note is issued this will be valid for 12 months and can be used against a future booking in the property. The arrival date of the future booking must be within 15 months from your original arrival date.
Note: These terms are the currently active Covid-19 terms for this property. Terms are subject to change from time to time. If you have an existing booking please refer to your booking confirmation to see the terms that apply to your booking.