About Les Carroz
Access by car:
Paris (589 km) - Geneva (50 km)
- Take the A6/E15 towards Lyon
- At Beaunes, follow signs for A40/E21 MILAN / GENEVA / BOURG EN BRESSE
- Continue on the A40 then take the A40/E25 CHAMONIX/TURIN/MILAN
- Exit at CLUSES CENTRE. Then take the N205 towards Magland/Sallanches
- After approximately 3 km, at the roundabout follow the sign for Les Carroz d'Arâches
- When you arrive in the holiday village, take Les Carroz Ouest on the right and follow signs for Les Fermes du Soleil
Distance to train station:
CLUSES TGV STATION (10 km)
GENEVA-COINTRIN AIRPORT (55 km)
ANNECY AIRPORT (65 km)
LYON ST EXUPÉRY AIRPORT (200 km)
Located at an altitude of 1,140 m, the family resort of Les Carroz d'Arâches lies in a beautiful setting of snowy peaks. The village is home to some fascinating religious, historical and gastronomic heritage.
- The winter holiday period offers lots of festive and sporting events, such as the Grande Odyssée dog sled race and the Flocons du Rire comedy festival.
- Take the Kédeuze gondola lift for a magnificent view over the village of Carroz, the Pointe d'Areu, the Pic du Marcelly and Mont Blanc.
- Discover, or rediscover, all the joys of skiing and winter sports in the Grand Massif ski area and enjoy some unusual night-time activities, such as snowmobile outings, snowshoe hikes with a meal in an Indian tipi, or even a dog sled ride followed by a typical Savoyard meal.
In the centre of the village (200 m from the residence) you will find all shops and services including a mini-market, a bakery, restaurants, bars, sports shops, a doctor's surgery, a pharmacy, a bank with ATM, etc.
For your family holidays, choose a holiday in the ski resorts of the Grand Massif in Haute-Savoie. The Grand Massif links up 5 resorts: Les Carroz d'Arâches, Sixt-Fer-à-Cheval, Morillon, Samoëns and Flaine. The resorts offer a range of sports and leisure activities including skiing for all levels. If you select a holiday or weekend rental in the Pierre et Vacances residence in Flaine, you can enjoy activities which are a little bit different, such as ice quad, snowmobile or hang gliding.
Activities near Les Carroz
- Summer sledging, Discover the fun of sledging with family or friends! Designed on the same basis as winter sledging, summer sledging is an exhilarating yet safe activity done on specially-made slopes.
You can try summer sledging on a four-season track, starting from the gondola lift platform.
Please note: 1 to 2 people per sledge (accessible from 1.05 m up to 1.25 m accompanied by an adult) (Fee applies)
- Snowshoes, Les Carroz ESF ski school (cable car road, Adénora building, 74300 Les Carroz), tel: 33 (0)4 50 90 02 38. (Fee applies)
- Children's clubs, Children's clubs in the resort:
- Les Loupiots Club (151, Route du Mont Favy, Les Carroz), tel: +33 (0)4 50 90 24 58 - email@example.com
For children aged 4 to 12, Monday to Friday during French school holidays, 8 am to 6.30 pm (indoor and outdoor activities).
- Jardin des Neiges (ESF, 14 route des Servages, Les Carroz), tel: +33 (0)4 50 90 02 38 - firstname.lastname@example.org
For children aged 3 to 5 years, open 9 am to 12 noon and 1.30 pm to 4.30 pm or 2 pm to 5 pm depending on the time of year (skiing lessons).
- Club Ternelia Les Flocons Verts (123, Route des Servages, Les Carroz), tel: +33 (0)4 50 90 04 46 - email@example.com. For children aged 3 to 12 from Sunday to Friday, 8.30 am to 5.30 pm. They can take your children to ski lessons and pick them up.
Please note: You must present your child's medical record showing they are up-to-date with vaccinations (BCG/Diphtheria Tetanus Polio as a minimum). Booking recommended (Fee applies)
- Sledging, This activity is available at the resort.
- Hiking, Walking and hiking opportunities near the residence. For more information, go to Les Carroz Tourist Office (9, Place de l'Ambiance, 74300 Arâches-la-Frasse), tel: +33 (0)4 50 90 00 04 or the Maison de la Montagne (2, Place de l'Ambiance), tel: +33 (0)4 50 90 06 55 or reception. (Fee applies)
- Dog sledding, Explore the glorious snowy landscape on a dog sledding trip. A magical experience involving huskies and malamutes.
Dog sledding available 5 km from the holiday village (Carroz 1500). (Fee applies)
- Ice rink, Ice rink nearby.
Please note: Open from mid-December to mid-March. (Fee applies)
- Night skiing, Night-time skiing on Wednesdays 7.30 pm to 9.30 pm.
Please contact the Tourist Office in Les Carroz for more information (9, Place de l'Ambiance, 74300 Arâches-la-Frasse), tel: +33 (0)4 50 90 00 04. (Fee applies)