Access by car:
Paris (745 km) - Lyon (280 km) - Grenoble (160 km) - Turin (166 km)
- Take the A6 Paris-Lyon as far as Lyon then the A43 to Grenoble.
- Then take the Col du Lautaret heading for Briançon/Guillestre/Vars Les Claux or Gap via the Col Bayard, then Embrun, Guillestre and Vars Les Claux.
- Marseille-Sisteron A51 - Towards Tallard - Embrun
- Follow Guillestre and Vars (towards Briançon)
Distance to train station:
MONTDAUPHIN - GUILLESTRE STATION (15 km)
LYON ST EXUPÉRY AIRPORT
GRENOBLE-ST GEOIRS AIRPORT
CUNEO-LEVALDIGI AIRPORT (Italy)
MARSEILLE PROVENCE AIRPORT
The resort of Vars, and its four villages of Saint-Marcellin, Sainte-Marie, Sainte-Catherine and Les Claux, are located in unspoilt surroundings with high-quality leisure facilities. Vars, a sunny resort at the heart of the Hautes Alpes region, you can enjoy a wide range of activities and unforgettable walks
Located in the Southern Alps, in the Hautes-Alpes region, Vars is a mountain resort with a South-of-France touch, culminating at 1,850 m.
- The ski resort of Vars is located just 45 km from Briançon and 250 km from Marseille.
- Vars boasts a well-preserved natural environment.
- Authentic charm and the comfort of a big resort.
Full range of amenities and shops are located nearby at Point Show or in the centre of the Vars resort: restaurants, bars, grocery shops, tobacconist, newsagent and more.
Looking for family skiing holidays? Spend a weekend in France or holiday with the children in the Forêt Blanche. The Forêt Blanche is the combination of two ski resorts: Risoul and Vars, this destination also offers summer sports. A preserved natural environment and a charming family ski resort await you at the Forêt Blanche. For a weekend rental, a holiday or seasonal rental, Pierre et Vacances, specialists in holiday rentals in France, offers a residence with a heated swimming pool.
Activities near Vars
- Ice rink, At the entrance to the resort, approximately 600 m from the residence. (Fee applies)
- Sledging, Sledging area 200 m from the residence towards the top of the resort.
Sledge hire from reception, subject to availability. (Fee applies)
- Hiking, Climbing skin excursions (Fee applies)
- Authentic, local activities, Find out about activities hosted by local guides who want to share their passion with you!
Find all the activities available near your residence on the Pierre & Vacances app or in your customer account. (Fee applies)
- Dog sledding, Contact: +33 (0)4 92 46 57 40 (Fee applies)
- Cinema, Cinema located 100 m from the residence. (Fee applies)
- Children's clubs, The ESF welcomes your children, tel: + 33 (0)4 92 46 68 45 or + 33 (0)4 92 46 66 78/www.esf-vars.fr / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Baby skier club 100 m from the residence for children aged 2 and a half to 4 (inclusive): 1 hr of skiing for beginners + 1 hr of club activities per session (sledging, snowmen, igloo visits, snowshoeing, games, drawing, building and making, quiet time room, etc.).
- The Piou Piou Village, located at the foot of the residence welcomes children aged 4 and above: Open Sunday to Friday - 2 hours 30 mins in the morning (and 2 hours for skiing lessons in the afternoon) supervised by ESF (French Ski School) instructors.
Other children's clubs: ESF "Jardin des Neiges" ski kindergarten - Children aged 3½ and over - Tel: +33 (0)4 92 46 59 65 or +33 (0)4 92 46 53 24 - www.ski-ecole.com/vars - email@example.com
- You must present your child's medical record showing they are up-to-date with vaccinations (BCG/DT Polio as a minimum).
- Booking and payment on site (Fee applies)
- Climbing, This activity is available with a high mountain guide. (Fee applies)
- Alpine skiing, Hurtle down the resort's various alpine ski runs. Unique sensations and awe-inspiring landscapes will make you want just one thing: to do it again! (Fee applies)
- Cross-country skiing, Accessible via a free shuttle to neighbouring resorts.
Please note: there are more cross-country skiing paths in Vars. (Fee applies)
- Snowboarding, Discover Europe's most stunning snowpark suitable for all ages and snow sports. (Fee applies)