Access by car:
Paris (745 km) - Lyon (280 km) - Grenoble (160 km) - Turin (166 km)
- Take the A6 as far as Lyon then A43 as far as Grenoble, then head towards Briançon via the Col du Lautaret or towards Gap via the Col Bayard, then Guillestre and Vars
- Cross the Vars resort towards the Col de Vars
- After the "Point Show" shopping centre
Distance to train station:
MONTDAUPHIN - GUILLESTRE STATION (15 km)
GRENOBLE AIRPORT (206 km)
MARSEILLE PROVENCE AIRPORT (255 km)
The resort of Vars, and its four villages of Saint-Marcellin, Sainte-Marie, Sainte-Catherine and Les Claux, are located in unspoilt surroundings with high-quality leisure facilities. Vars, a sunny resort at the heart of the Hautes Alpes region, you can enjoy a wide range of activities and unforgettable walks
Located in the Hautes-Alpes region, Vars is perched at 1,850 m and is part of the Forêt Blanche ski area.
- Alpes du Sud ski area, counting 180 km of alpine ski slopes and 45 km of cross-country ski paths.
- Vars, with its South-of-France touch, combines the charm and authenticity of traditional villages.
- Ski resort located just 160 km from Grenoble and 250 km from Marseille.
Full range of amenities and shops are located nearby at Point Show or in the centre of Vars skiing resort: restaurants, bars, grocery shops, tobacconist, newsagent and more.
Looking for family skiing holidays? Spend a weekend in France or holiday with the children in the Forêt Blanche. The Forêt Blanche is the combination of two ski resorts: Risoul and Vars, this destination also offers summer sports. A preserved natural environment and a charming family ski resort await you at the Forêt Blanche. For a weekend rental, a holiday or seasonal rental, Pierre et Vacances, specialists in holiday rentals in France, offers a residence with a heated swimming pool.
Activities near Vars
- Skate park, Les Claux ice rink and skate park located 600 m from the residence (cours Fontanarosa, Vars les Claux), tel (Tourist Office): +33 (0)4 92 46 51 31
- Alpine skiing, ESF ski school Vars (Cours Georges Rohner), tel: +33 (0)4 92 46 53 24.
100 km of slopes. (Fee applies)
- Snowboarding, Vars ESF ski school (Cours Georges Rohner), tel: +33 (0)4 92 46 53 24 (at the Albane residence). (Fee applies)
- Squash, This activity is available at Hôtel des Escondus (Les Claux, 05560 Vars), tel: +33 (0)4 92 46 67 00 (Fee applies)
- Sledging, Sledging run 200 m from the residence, tel: +33 (0)4 92 46 51 31.
- Paragliding, This activity is on offer nearby. Enquire at Aventure Parapente (Vars Sainte-Marie). (Fee applies)
- Ice rink, Les Claux ice rink and skate park located 600 m from the residence (cours Fontanarosa, Vars les Claux), tel (Tourist Office): +33 (0)4 92 46 51 31 (Fee applies)
- Dog sledding, Midweek Dog Sledding (Cours Fontanarosa, Les Claux, Vars), tel: +33 (0)4 92 46 57 40. (Fee applies)
- Snowshoes, Vars Tourist Office (Cours Fontanarosa), tel: +33 (0)4 92 46 51 31.
Climbing skin hiking available. (Fee applies)
- Tennis, Tennis court in the resort.
Please note: Information available from Vars Tourist Office (Cours Fontanarosa), tel: +33 (0)4 92 46 51 31 (Fee applies)
- Authentic, local activities, Find out about activities hosted by local guides who want to share their passion with you!
Find all the activities available near your residence on the Pierre & Vacances app or in your customer account. (Fee applies)
- Cross-country skiing, ESF ski school Vars (Cours Georges Rohner), tel: +33 (0)4 92 46 53 24.
45 km of cross-country ski slopes. (Fee applies)
- Climbing, This activity is available, please enquire at Crescendo Escalade et Canyon, located 23 km from the residence (Plan de Phazy, 05600 Guillestre).
Climbing, canyoning, via ferrata. (Fee applies)
- Adventure park, Adventure park nearby (activities supervised by an instructor). Information from the Vars Tourist Office (Cours Fontanarosa or the Place du Village in Vars Sainte-Marie). (Fee applies)
- Hiking, There are many hiking routes on offer in the area around the resort, information available from the Vars Tourist Office (cours Fontanarosa), tel: +33 (0)4 92 46 51 31 (Fee applies)