About Serre Chevalier
Access by car:
Paris (640 km) - Lyon (200 km) - Marseille (265 km)
- Take the A43 Maurienne motorway (via the Fréjus tunnel coming from the north): exit Oulx, Montgenèvre (35 km from the valley)
- Take the A51 motorway, come of at the Pont de Claix exit (80 km from the resort) via the Col du Lautaret
- The residence is in the Chantemerle area, next to the tennis courts
Distance to train station:
BRIANÇON STATION (8 km)
OULX STATION (ITALY) (38 km)
LYON ST EXUPÉRY AIRPORT (160 km)
GRENOBLE AIRPORT (140 km)
TURIN AIRPORT (120 km)
At the gateway to the Ecrins national park, Serre Chevalier 1400 is a village resort that combines tradition and modernity. Its slopes are suitable for all activities, as well as for family skiing and skiing for beginners. There is also very lively apres-ski and lots of activities for all.
Serre Chevalier: a "non-skier friendly" resort
Located in the Hautes-Alpes region, Serre Chevalier gets 300 days of sun a year at an altitude of 1,350 m.
- At the foot of the most beautiful peaks of the Écrins National Park, the largest in France with more than one hundred peaks over 3,000 m high (as well as plenty of flora and fauna).
- Resort located between the Col du Lautaret and Briançon.
- One of the largest ski areas in Europe.
All services and shops in Serre Chevalier 1350: bakery, mini-market, restaurants, bank, pharmacy, newsagent, launderette, sports shops, etc.
Ideal for a holiday or seasonal rental, Serre Chevalier is the largest resort in the southern Alps. For your holiday, it offers 250 km of ski slopes at altitudes of between 1200 and 2830 metres. 200 m from the ski lifts, the Pierre et Vacances L'Alpaga residence enjoys an excellent position to give you a taster of all the charms of the region. In addition to the snow sports, its thalasso centre and ice skating rinks are a perfect way to spend memorable family holidays. The activity on offer at the residence will also delight fans of weekend breaks.
Activities near Serre Chevalier
- Sledging, Déval'Bob sledging area (accessible via the Aravet cable car), open daily 12.30 pm to 5.30 pm until February then until 7 pm, surcharge applies (800 m from the residence).
4 km of slopes, 576 m of difference in height, 26 turns. Sledges and helmets are provided.
Please note: other sledging areas are available in Serre-Chevalier, namely in Villeneuve (near the Aiche ski lift - 800 m from the residence). Free. (Fee applies)
- Paragliding, Paragliding available near the residence. (Fee applies)
- Snowboarding, Serre Chevalier ESF ski school (Le Serre d'Aigle, 05330 Chantemerle), tel: +33 (0)4 92 24 17 41.
250 km of slopes. (Fee applies)
- Cultural visits, Guided tours of the villages of Briançon, Saint Chaffrey, Villeneuve, Monêtier les Bains and their frescoes and sundials along the valley, and the textile workshop of Chantemerle. (Fee applies)
- Snowshoes, Villeneuve ESF ski school (Pré Long shopping centre, 05240 La Salle-les-Alpes), tel: +33 (0)4 92 24 71 99.
Themed snow-shoeing outings, night-time outings with an evening drink up in the mountains in a yurt - equipment provided and transport possible. (Fee applies)
- Wellness centre, Thalasso Forme with spa, jet shower, massages (05240 La Salle les Alpes), tel: +33 (0)4 92 24 77 82 - www.thalasso-forme-serre-chevalier.com (Fee applies)
- Children's clubs, Children's clubs in the village:
- Les Petits Aigles leisure centre located 400 m from the residence (Serre-Chevalier 1350) for children aged from 3 to 6 years, tel: +33 (0)4 92 24 29 31 - email@example.com
- Le Village des Oursons Jardin des Neiges (ski kindergarten) located 400 m from the residence (ESF Serre-Chevalier 1350) for children aged 3 years and above, tel: +33 (0)4 92 24 17 41 - firstname.lastname@example.org (Fee applies)
- Hot air ballooning, Possibility of taking hot air balloon flights close to the residence. (Fee applies)
- Ice rink, Villeneuve ice-skating rink (Route de Pré Long, La Salle les Alpes), tel: +33 (0)4 92 24 73 20 (50 m from the residence). (Fee applies)
- Alpine skiing, Serre Chevalier ESF ski school (Le Serre d'Aigle, 05330 Chantemerle), tel: +33 (0)4 92 24 17 41.
250 km of slopes. (Fee applies)
- Cross-country skiing, Serre Chevalier ESF ski school (Le Serre d'Aigle, 05330 Chantemerle), tel: +33 (0)4 92 24 17 41.
35 km of cross-country ski slopes. (Fee applies)
- Skijoring, Serre Chevalier Equitation (1, Allée des Saules, 05240 La Salle-les-Alpes), tel: +33 (0)4 92 54 97 05 or +33 (0)6 67 38 58 87, web: www.serrechevalier-equitation.com
Skijoring is a sport that combines skiing with either a horse-drawn or dog-drawn carriage. (Fee applies)
- Cinema, Cinema in Briançon. (Fee applies)