About Val Thorens
Access by car:
Paris (670 km) - Lyon (220 km) - Geneva (170 km) - Chambéry (112 km)
- Take the A43 motorway as far as Albertville then the RN90 to Moûtiers. Come off at exit 40.
- Then follow the D117 as far as Val Thorens (37 km)
Distance to train station:
MOÛTIERS STATION (37 km)
CHAMBERY AIX-LES-BAINS AIRPORT (112 km)
LYON ST EXUPÉRY AIRPORT (193 km)
GENEVA-COINTRIN AIRPORT (159 km)
Situated at an altitude of 2,300 metres, Val Thorens is the highest resort in Europe. It straddles the summit of the Three Valleys, the largest ski area in the world. Val Thorens offers exceptional snow conditions to suit everybody's taste. Suitable for families and sports enthusiasts, the resort is famous both for the proximity of its slopes and its wide range of apres-ski activities. Coming to Val Thorens, it's also the unique opportunity to discover magnificent landscapes.
Thanks to its fantastic location, Val Thorens boasts exceptional snow levels throughout the season. The holiday village is located in the heart of the 3 Vallées ski area:
- Slopes for all levels
- 150 shops, bars, restaurants and nightclubs
- Semi-pedestrianised holiday village where you can travel around on skis
All services and shops are in the centre of the resort to make your holiday as convenient as possible: bakeries, mini-markets, restaurants, banks, etc.
Three Valleys skiing
The 3 Valleys include 8 worldwide famous French ski resorts and is the largest ski area not only in the French Alps but also in the world. In this famous French ski resort, you will find over 600 kilometres of slopes, from beginners to vertiginous couloirs (51 green 132 blue, 106 red, 32 black), 169 ski lifts, over 2,100 artificial snow making machines (which guaranty that you will be able to ski even if the weather is not optimal) ... when it comes to skiing, the Three Valley ski area is the place to be.
Our residence in the Three valleys Courchevel 1850 les Ecrins is located in the centre of Courchevel 1850 and offers studios for 4 people. The rentals are fully equipped so that you will not have to worry about anything. Children's clubs are also available from Monday to Friday for children from 3 to 12 years old with both indoor and outdoor activities.
Our resort Meribel Les Ravines is also located in the three valleys skiing domain. The wooden building is located in the heart of Meribel, close to the shops and restaurants. The residence offers a wide range of accommodation from studio cabins for 4 persons to 1 bedroom cabins for 6 persons. All rentals are also self-catered. A water park with a covered pool is included in the resort.
Our premium residence Les Alpages de Reberty is located at the top of Les Menuires. The beautiful wooden chalets have been recently renovated and offer accommodation ranging from 1 bedroom apartments for 3 or 5 persons to 4 bedroom apartments for 9 to 10 persons. Children's clubs as well as a spa are directly on the premises.
Activities near Val Thorens
- Fun park, Closed for renovation. Reopening planned for winter 2022-2023.
A play area is located less than 700 m from your residence for kids to enjoy: trampolines, bouncy castles and children's play frames (for ages 10 and under) are grouped together in this area, where younger and older children can meet up and have fun!
Fun Park open 7 days a week from November to May, from 10 am to 10 pm (Fee applies)
- Badminton, Sports centre closed for renovation until winter 2022-2023.
Challenge your friends or family to a badminton match! Speed, reflexes and technique will all be essential if you want to win.
Badminton court located 700 m from the residence at the Val Thorens sports centre (Grande Rue)
Please note: this is a recently renovated multi-sport complex (Fee applies)
- Snowboarding, Val Thorens ESF ski school (Napapijri Val Thorens), tel: +33 (0)4 79 00 02 86.
150 km of slopes. (Fee applies)
- Squash, Sports centre closed until winter 2022-2023
You can enjoy this activity at the sports centre. (Fee applies)
- Fitness, Sports centre closed until winter 2022-2023.
Fitness studio located 700 m from the residence at Val Thorens Sports Centre (Grande Rue), tel: +33 (0)4 79 00 00 76 (Fee applies)
- Football, Sports ground close to the residence. (Fee applies)
- Sledging, Le Toboggan sledging area (accessible via the Péclat cable car, to the Chalet du Toboggan, just before the Cascades ski lift departure area, 1 km from the residence).
Slope at an altitude of 3000 m, 45 minutes of downhill sledging on the longest run in France.
Please note: discounts apply with the ski pass. Bookings to be made directly with the Setam office, tel: +33 (0)4 79 00 07 08. (Fee applies)
- Paragliding, Paragliding available near the residence. (Fee applies)
- Volleyball, Beach volleyball courts in the Val Thorens sports centre (Fee applies)
- Children's clubs, Piou Piou Mini Club for children aged 3 to 4 years, 100 m from the residence (ESF), tel: +33 (0)4 79 00 02 86 - firstname.lastname@example.org - www.esf-valthorens.com
Sunday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm, full or half day, with meal option
Beginners' skiing, indoor activities (games, drawing, painting, face painting, etc.) and outdoor activities (sledging, snowshoeing, etc.) (Fee applies)
- Climbing, This activity is available, please enquire at the Bureau des Guides (Eskival Building). (Fee applies)
- Tennis, Sports ground close to the residence. (Fee applies)
- Microlight, Microlight flights are available near the residence.
Exploring Les Trois Vallées and La Vanoise glacier in a microlight aircraft. Subject to weather conditions. (Fee applies)
- Cinema, Cinema located 100 metres from the residence, at the Show point in the shopping centre. (Fee applies)
- Snowshoes, Val Thorens Guides Office (Eskival Building), tel: +33 (0)4 79 00 70 54. (Fee applies)
- Alpine skiing, Val Thorens ESF ski school (Napapijri Val Thorens), tel: +33 (0)4 79 00 02 86.
150 km of slopes. (Fee applies)