Located directly on the slopes, Chalet Woodpecker, which sits alongside its sister ‘Chalet Nightingale,’ is a beautifully decorated chalet in a superb location in sun-drenched Alpe d’Huez. The chalet sits on Avenue de l’Eclose and is only a 5 minute walk from the resort centre of Alpe d’Huez. While the slope situated just outside may not be suited to beginners, the chalet is only a 3 minute walk from the Telecentre lift which leads to the nursery slopes and main lift depature point.
This spacious 7 bedroom chalet is set across three floors and has room for up to 15 guests. The light-wood panelling and elegant furnishings give this chalet a relaxing yet stylish feel. If you’re planning to drive, there are four parking spaces located in front of the chalet, shared between Woodpecker and Nightingale. Please speak to our team to confirm how many spaces are available for your trip. Wifi is available throughout the chalet, ideal if you need to get some work done or just to unwind infront of a good film.
Lower Ground Floor:
- Wellness area with indoor hot tub and sauna (shared with neighbouring Chalet Nightingale)
- Four twin bedrooms, each with en-suite shower rooms and WC
- Ski room
- Open plan living and dining area with a spacious balcony
- Fully equipped kitchen with an oven, four-ring hob, dishwasher, fridge, freezer, microwave, kettle, toaster, Senseo coffee machine and coffee percolator
- Two twin bedrooms each with en-suite shower rooms and WC
- Triple bedroom with en-suite shower room and WC
Included in the chalet prices are the following:
- Exclusive use of the chalet and its facilities for your chosen dates
- Bed linen with beds made on arrival
- Towels and bathrobes
- Mid stay cleaning with towel and linen change
- End of stay cleaning
- Welcome basket
- Unlimited WiFi access
We offer contactless catering services with the choice of two pricing options:
- Catered: Our set menu with food and drink included in the catered price. An all-inclusive price, which includes rental of the chalet and your food and drink for the week. Included will be breakfast and afternoon tea for 7 days, a three-course dinner on 6 nights, plus unlimited wine and some beers. We have prepared a delicious menu for the week, with a mix of ready prepared meals from a local delicatessen and easy to cook dishes or sides. All that will be required from you is to pop a few things in the oven and throw together a few ingredients to make a simple salad or steam a few vegetables as sides to your main meal. There will be no staff in your chalet.
- Self-catering: The self-catering price excludes food & drinks. However, if you like you can avail of our free à la carte catering service. This is a food shopping & delivery service which allows you greater flexibility to eat and drink whatever you desire. The kitchen will be stocked before your arrival; a mid-week restock is available if needed. The cost of the food & drink depends on what produce you choose to order, and is paid by you, at cost price. Perhaps you want the freedom to choose your own menus, or perhaps you'd prefer to eat out more than one evening during the week, or you just love to cook yourself and enjoy the holidays where you have time to do this in a relaxed way. Four days before arrival, you will receive a comprehensive shopping list to choose from with everything you could possibly need for your holiday. That might be oven-ready meals, or the ingredients you'll need for Bolognaise, Soufflés or Cheese Fondues. Dry goods, dairy, fresh fruit and veg, fresh meat or fish, beers, wines, champagne, whatever you choose, are all bought for you and stocked in your chalet in advance of your arrival.
All orders will be made with Savoyard delicatessens and supermarkets. Located in the French Alps for the last 30 years, we have a well-developed network of local partners, so we can guarantee fresh, local, and of course tasty dishes.