Access by car:
Paris (610 km) - Lyon (226 km) - Switzerland via the Montets Pass (16 km) - Italy via the Mont Blanc tunnel (11 km)
- Take the A6 motorway to Mâcon then the A40 motorway (Autoroute Blanche) to Saint-Gervais / Le Fayet
- Then take the N205 towards Chamonix/Tunnel du Mont-Blanc then Argentière
- Turn left at the roundabout at the Place de Mont-Blanc
Distance to train station:
CHAMONIX STATION (100 m)
GENEVA-COINTRIN AIRPORT (88 km)
LYON ST EXUPÉRY AIRPORT (220 km)
ANNECY-MEYTHET AIRPORT (90 km)
In Chamonix, gaze out over the most beautiful peaks of the Alps, including the majestic Mont Blanc, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Its cosmopolitan visitors can vouch for this pioneering mountain town's international ambiance.
- Accessible via the Aiguille du Midi cable cars. Discover the Vallée Blanche (White Valley) by doing some cross-country skiing.
- Step aboard the Montevers tourist train to access the Mer de Glace (Ice Sea) and enter the heart of the glacier in the Grotte de Glace (Ice Cave). At 7 km long and 200 m thick, the Mer de Glace is the largest glacier in France.
- Enjoy a breath-taking panoramic view from a helicopter flying over the Mont Blanc mountain - the highest peak in France rising up to an impressive 4,810 m.
Full range of amenities and shops in the centre of Chamonix near the residence: restaurants, shops, bars, nightclub, banks with ATMs, ski equipment hire shop, doctors, pharmacies, dentists, physiotherapist and more.
For cultural holidays with the family, visit the 42 châteaux of the Loire valley. The Loire valley is a UNESCO world heritage site. Home to major historic events, the sumptuous architecture will immerse you in the heart of the renaissance. The region is particularly well suited to bike rides, boat trips and walking. After the cultural visits with the family, the Pierre et Vacances Loches residence and the Pierre et Vacances Argentat residence will be your base in an exceptional natural setting.
Activities near Chamonix
- Casino, Casino Barrière, 450 m from the residence (12, Place de Saussure, Chamonix), tel: +33 (0)4 50 53 07 65
Opening times: 11 am to 2 am (3 am at weekends) (Fee applies)
- Paragliding, This activity is available near the residence, enquire at Évolution 2 (Rue des Moulins).
Please note: departure site and schedule depend on flight details. (Fee applies)
- Ice hiking, Évolution 2 (350 Avenue de la Plage, Chamonix), tel: +33 (0)4 50 55 90 22 (700 m from the residence). (Fee applies)
- Snowboarding, Chamonix ESF ski school (Place du Triangle de l'Amitié), tel: +33 (0)4 50 53 22 57.
120 km of slopes. (Fee applies)
- Squash, This activity is available at the Richard Bozon sports centre located 300 m from the residence (214, Avenue de la Plage), tel: +33 (0)4 50 53 28 40 (Fee applies)
- Mountaineering, Walks and hikes in the exceptional setting of Chamonix.
Information about mountain guides available from reception.
Please note: caters for all ages and all levels. (Fee applies)
- Hot air ballooning, Hot air balloon flights available near the residence. Enquire at Évolution 2. Charges apply. (350 Avenue de la Plage). (Fee applies)
- Paintball, Paintballing available in the resort's local area. Enquire at Paintball Cham (Bois du Bouchet)
Laser gaming available: from age 6+, 10 people maximum, €15/hour per person.
Please note: telephone booking required. (Fee applies)
- Adventure park, Les Gaillands Accro'Park adventure park (Route des Gaillands, Chamonix).
Open 10 am to 7 pm (in summer) or opening on request (winter).
Please note: give yourself around 3 hrs to see the whole of the Park. (Fee applies)
- Alpine skiing, Chamonix ESF ski school (Place du Triangle de l'Amitié), tel: +33 (0)4 50 53 22 57.
120 km of slopes. (Fee applies)
- Tennis, Sports ground located 500 m from the residence (214, Avenue de la Plage), tel: +33 (0)4 50 53 28 40 (Fee applies)
- Helicopter flights, CMBH, located 8 km from the residence (400 Chemin Glacière, Argentière). (Fee applies)
- Nightclub, Amnesia nightclub, 700 m from the residence (200 av. de l'Aiguille du Midi, Chamonix). (Fee applies)
- Climbing, This activity is available - enquire at:
- Évolution 2 (Rue des Moulins, Chamonix)
- Richard Bozon sports centre, located 650 m from the residence (214 Avenue de la Plage, Chamonix-Mont-Blanc)
- Mont-Blanc Escalade (ZA Les Trabets, 74310 Les Houches) (Fee applies)
- Cross-country skiing, Cross-country skiing centre (Avenue du Bouchet), tel: +33 (0)4 50 53 11 15 (300 m from the residence).
50 km of Nordic and cross-country skiing slopes. (Fee applies)
- Hiking, Evolution 2, located 200 m from the residence (Rue des Moulins, Chamonix), tel: +33 (0)4 50 55 90 22
Free half-day "Discover the Area" per person occupying the apartment and per stay of 7 nights or more from mid-June to mid-September. (Fee applies)
- Snowshoes, Évolution 2 (350 Avenue de la Plage, Chamonix), tel: +33 (0)4 50 55 90 22 (700 m from the residence). (Fee applies)