'White Orchid Lodge' is situated 15 minutes drive from Borovets ski resort in Bulgaria. It has wonderful views of the snow capped peaks belonging to the Rila mountain range, whilst being within a short distance of lake Iskar. The lodge itself has a wooden interior and ceiling beams. It accommodates 8 people comfortably within 3 bedrooms and a stylish mezzanine floor. Three expansive base to ceiling windows reveal the surrounding panorama of forest and mountain by day and star canopy by night. After a days skiing you can relax on the balcony with a beer or soothe tired muscles in the sauna. Later chill out by a roasting log burner in the spectacular and atmospheric lounge. Take your choice of 2 supermarkets (5 minutes drive) to stock up on fine local produce, cooking and self catering are made a pleasure with the large fridge freezer and dishwasher. Our friendly local, George will take care of your every need from ski hire to a restaurant taxi service at very reasonable cost.
- Brown bedroom with double bed, en-suite shower room. Views of the piste.
- Red bedroom with double bed. Mountain view.
- Blue bedroom with 2 bunk beds. Mountain view.
- Mezzanine floor with sofa bed.
- Bathrooms Fully tiled bathroom with shower, WC and hand basin leading to a sauna.
- Shower room leading off the master bedroom also with shower, hand basin and WC.
- Kitchen Fully equipped modern and spacious kitchen diner. It has a dishwasher, fridge/freezer, cooker and hob.
- Utility Room: Utility room with washing machine and space for all ski storage.
- Living Rooms Stunning open plan area with cosy log burner and comfortable corner sofa. Feature lighting against a rock wall that creates a backdrop to dining area with table and chairs.
- Sauna Pine clad sauna with temperature indicator and timer. This is a wet sauna where rocks are doused to create steam. Essential oils are provided.
The lodge has a ground floor balcony/decked area with a table and seating allowing you to relax and view the mountains with a gin and tonic. There is a small garden with graveled parking area at the side for easy unloading of ski equipment. A BBQ is available for summer or Easter skiing.
- Cleaning/towels/linen/maid service, Towels and bed linen is included weekly.
- There is a charge of £30 for cleaning at the end of your stay and a supplement for logs in winter.
- The log burner is extremely efficient and you are unlikely to need additional heating, however, there are convector heaters in every room with radiators providing drying facilities.