Step away from bland purpose built chalets and into our charming ski lodge with bags of character that is the perfect retreat of La Vieille Forge. Once the village smithy, this excellent chalet is just 250m from the Les Houches pistes (Chamonix's World Cup venue) and offers the best combination of attentive service, top facilities and wonderfully retro furnishings that embody the Alpine style.
This boutique chalet, ideal for large groups up to 15 people, has bags of character and French country style with wooden floors, cow hide rugs and retro furnishing enhanced by our collection of lovingly collected ski memorabilia; books, vintage ski's and original posters. We've also included every home comfort to make your stay a real pleasure; from spa facilites to comfy hotel standard beds and those little luxuries and smaller touches honed from our many years experience.
You can walk to the piste in 6 mins and ski down the blue run to the bubble lift (closest lift is Prarion/Les Houches). There is a resort minibus service each day 8-10hr and 15.30 till 18.30 plus alternate evenings till 23hrs. We can also arrange a private minibus (8 people) if you prefer, and this is about 20 euros for 1 minibus, one way within Les Houches and Chamonix typically 35 euros.
- Sleeps 15 people
- Easy walk to pistes
- Daily in-resort minibus service till 21hr
- Flexible, Weeks or Weekends
- Ideal group chalet but singles welcome
- 7 bedrooms, all with en-suite or private facilities
- Hot tub
- Treatment room with massage bed
- Sky TV, DVD/CD, Wii, Wi-Fi
- Separate breakfast room
- Large living area with leather sofa's and chairs, fireplace and dining area
- 50" plasma TV with Freeview Sky, DVD/CD, Wii games and Wi-Fi
- Private parking for 4 guest vehicles
Chalet Accommodation Layout:
- A spacious living room with an oak floor, leather sofas and chairs set cosily by the wood-burning stove and open-plan to a charming wood panelled dining room. The traditional mountain ambience of a classic Alpine home has been recreated using reclaimed wood, stags antlers and cow hide rugs!
- 50" Plasma TV with Freeview UK SKY, DVD, Wii Sports, Music system
- Sauna with shower/wc. Exterior Hot tub.
- Laundry facilities available.
- Staff bedroom
- Entrance, boot room. Galley kitchen, sunny breakfast room with rustic hand-made pine table and benches.
- All bedrooms have crisp white bedlinen, towels and luxury products supplied.
- Bedroom 1: Twin or Superking double bedroom with ensuite shower/wc
- Bedroom 2: Twin or Superking double with adjacent with bath/shower/wc (extra bed can be added.
- Bedroom 3: Double (140x190) with adjacent shower/wc
- Bedroom 4: Kingsize double or twin beds (80x190), sink in room and adjacent private bathroom/wc
- Bedroom 5: Twin or Superking double with ensuite shower/wc and balcony
- Bedroom 6: Twin bedroom with ensuite shower/wc, velux window
- Bedroom 7: Family room, can be Superking double with additional 2 single beds or a quad, ensuite shower/wc
- Treatment room: can be double sofa bed, would share bathroom with bedroom 4