Access by car:
Paris (650 km) - Lyon (250 km) - Geneva (110 km)
- Take the A6 to Lyon then head for Chamonix on the A40, and come off at the Cluses exit (18)
- Head for Taninges via the D902, and then Les Gêts and Morzine - Avoriaz (distance from Morzine to Avoriaz: 11 km)
- Avoriaz is a car-free resort
- Car parks are available at the entrance to the resort
Distance to train station:
THONON-LES-BAINS OR CLUSES TGV STATION (45 km)
LYON ST EXUPÉRY AIRPORT (200 km)
GENEVA-COINTRIN AIRPORT (110 km)
ANNECY AIRPORT (96 km)
Located in the Haute-Savoie region, at an altitude of 1,800 m and overlooking the valley of Morzine, the entirely pedestrianised resort of Avoriaz has all you need for an unforgettable holiday:
- Avant-garde architecture, a wealth of activities and entertainment including the Aquariaz water park.
- Les Portes du Soleil is the largest ski area in Europe with 650 km of slopes.
A top destination for a great mountain holiday, Avoriaz and the Les Portes du Soleil domain offer winter ski holidays in a ski resort with excellent snow levels. In summer, its picturesque architecture is fully revealed and the beautiful landscape makes it perfect for an unforgettable walking holiday. On site, the Balcons du Soleil offer all you need for a family holiday and the La Falaise residence puts on colourful evening entertainment.
Activities near Avoriaz
- Cinema, Portes du Soleil cinema (Place Centrale, Avoriaz), tel: +33 (0)4 50 74 09 46 (Fee applies)
- Nightclub, Le Yak, located 250 m from the residence (39, Place du Snow), tel: +33 (0)4 50 49 51 66 (Fee applies)
- Hot air ballooning, Possibility of taking hot air balloon flights close to the residence. (Fee applies)
- Scuba diving, Diving under the ice at Montriond Lake with Takamaka on Fridays and Saturdays (other days on request for groups of 5 people and over), tel: +33 (0)4 50 73 80 98 (Fee applies)
- Squash, This activity is available in or close to the resort. (Fee applies)
- Dog sledding, Explore the glorious snowy landscape on a dog sledding trip. A magical experience involving huskies and malamutes. (Fee applies)
- Aquariaz, Aquariaz is the leading water fun park in the mountains. It features a setting of lush tropical plants.
Three different spaces cover more than 2000 m²: the Water Tree (geysers, suspended water features, slides, water pistols), the Sidewinder (10 m half pipe to hurtle down in an inflatable ring) and the relaxation area (flowing river, water features, swimming pool, climbing wall). (Fee applies)
- Paragliding, This activity is available nearby. (Fee applies)
- Cross-country skiing, Surround yourself in natural beauty along some exceptional trails and routes! (Fee applies)
- Mountain biking, Bicycles can be hired nearby. (Fee applies)
- Authentic, local activities, Find out about activities hosted by local guides who want to share their passion with you!
Find all the activities available near your residence on the Pierre & Vacances app or in your customer account. (Fee applies)
- Alpine skiing, Hurtle down the resort's various alpine ski runs. Unique sensations and awe-inspiring landscapes will make you want just one thing: to do it again! (Fee applies)
- Snowboarding, With both feet on the board, carve out your best curves and enjoy an incredible feeling of freedom! (Fee applies)
- Bowling, Bowling alley near the residence (45, Place des Dromonts), tel: +33 (0)4 50 74 06 77 (Fee applies)
- Ice rink, Avoriaz Ice Rink (Promenade du Festival in the centre of the resort), open every day 2 pm to 8 pm. (Fee applies)
- Snowshoes, Put your snowshoes on and explore the hiking trails near the residence. Make sure you bring some good shoes!
Book at the Tourist Office (Fee applies)