Access by car:
Paris (603 km) - Lyon (213 km) - Geneva (69 km)
- Take the A40 motorway (Geneva - Chamonix), exit no. 19 to Cluses Centre
- Take the N205 to the right towards Sallanches, come off the N205 after approximately 2 km at the roundabout signposted "Flaine"
- Then turn left onto the D106 towards Flaine via Carroz d'Arâches
- Once you have reached this intersection, you are no more than 30 minutes from Flaine
- Flaine Montsoleil is on the resort's main road.
Distance to train station:
CLUSES TGV STATION (30 km)
GENEVA STATION (70 km)
ANNEMASSE STATION (70 km)
GENEVA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (70 km)
LYON ST EXUPÉRY AIRPORT (190 km)
ANNECY AIRPORT (80 km)
Flaine is a modern ski resort with a pedestrian-only centre, located in Upper Savoie, near Geneva and Mont-Blanc, perched at the summit of one of the largest skiable domains in France - the Grand Massif.
In the Haute-Savoie region between Chamonix and Geneva, the pedestrianised resort of Flaine fits in perfectly with the surrounding natural panorama, offering a splendid view over the Alps. Dynamic both in the winter and summer, it offers a myriad of activities.
- The resort is located 1,700 m high in the heart of a large natural panorama, with ideal snow coverage making it possible to do all kinds of sports: skiing, paragliding, snowkiting, quad biking on ice, snowmobiling, sledging, snowshoeing or dog sledding.
- Discover the Platé desert by travelling up the Grandes Platières cable cars, and enjoy an exceptional panoramic view of Mont Blanc.
- The residence is located near the Sixt-Fer-à-Cheval village and valley (about an hour's drive away), which is one of the most beautiful villages in France. 80% of the area is an official nature reserve.
All services and shops can be found in the centre of Flaine, and are accessible either on foot (15 minutes) or via the shuttle bus: cinema, bar, restaurants, nightclub, bakery, supermarkets, grocer's launderette, post office, clothes and sports equipment shops, pharmacy, bank, etc.
A SPAR mini-market is open in the Les Terrasses d'Hélios residence 8.30 am to 12.30 pm and 4.30 pm to 7.15 pm.
For your family holidays, choose a holiday in the ski resorts of the Grand Massif in Haute-Savoie. The Grand Massif links up 5 resorts: Les Carroz d'Arâches, Sixt-Fer-à-Cheval, Morillon, Samoëns and Flaine. The resorts offer a range of sports and leisure activities including skiing for all levels. If you select a holiday or weekend rental in the Pierre et Vacances residence in Flaine, you can enjoy activities which are a little bit different, such as ice quad, snowmobile or hang gliding.
Activities near Flaine
- Ice driving, Flaine ice driving school, tel: +33 (0)4 50 90 82 59 (2.5 km from the residence). (Fee applies)
- Paragliding, Paragliding available near the residence. (Fee applies)
- Bowling, Galaxy Bowling alley in Flaine's shopping centre (800 m from the residence), tel: +33 (0)6 64 27 26 10 (Fee applies)
- Dog sledding, Évasion Nordique (Chalet des Molliets, Route de Flaine, 74300 Arâches-la-Frasse), tel: +33 (0)6 82 09 50 03 (10 km from the residence). (Fee applies)
- Ice rink, Natural ice rink in the forum every day from December to March, subject to weather conditions. (Fee applies)
- Cinema, Studio 1600 cinema, 800 m from the residence (Forum shopping centre), tel: +33 (0)4 50 90 43 12 (Fee applies)
- Helicopter flights, Mont Blanc Hélicoptères (Annemasse) (Fee applies)
- Deep Nature® spa, Enjoy a sensory experience like no other in our Deep Nature® spa, with beauty treatments and rituals selected especially for you. Treat yourself to a unique moment of relaxation during your stay.
Prolong your relaxation in the indoor area, where you'll find a sauna, hammam, sensory showers and a tearoom. The wellness area has 5 treatment rooms (face and body).
Book your treatment when you book your apartment to enjoy a special rate!
Please note: spa located in the Les Terrasses d'Hélios Premium residence, located 550 m from the Les Terrasses d'Eos residence (easy access by foot or shuttle service) (Fee applies)
- Alpine skiing, Flaine ESF ski school (Aldébaran building), tel: +33 (0)4 50 90 81 00.
140 km of slopes. (Fee applies)
- Cross-country skiing, Les Deux Alpes ESF ski school (Place Deux Alpes), tel: +33 (0)4 76 79 21 21.
Cross-country skiing path at the Col de Pierre Carrée (800 m from the residence).
5 km of cross-country skiing paths, plus 30 km more in Agy, 30 minutes from Flaine. (Fee applies)
- Snowboarding, Flaine ESF ski school (Aldébaran building), tel: +33 (0)4 50 90 81 00.
140 km of slopes. (Fee applies)
- Snowmobile, Nature Motoneige (please contact the Guides' Office, 2, Place de l'Ambiance, Les Carroz), tel: +33 (0)6 12 21 40 60, email: email@example.com, web: www.naturemotoneige.com.
Hikes start at the Route de Flaine, 8th turn-off after "Les Molliets" restaurant. (Fee applies)