Access by car:
Paris (630 km) - Lyon (180 km) - Geneva (125 km)
- Go to Albertville on the A43 motorway from Chambéry or take the N211 from Annecy, then the RN90 dual carriageway towards Moûtiers
- Take exit 37 and follow signs for Valmorel
- When you get to the resort, take the first road on the right after the entrance to the P1 underground car park, the Pierre et Vacances-Maeva reception is 100 m further on, on the left, Athamante building
Distance to train station:
MOÛTIERS SALINS BRIDES LES BAINS STATION (15 km)
LYON ST EXUPÉRY AIRPORT (180 km)
GENEVA-COINTRIN AIRPORT (125 km)
CHAMBÉRY AIRPORT (90 km)
Nestled on the edge of woodlands on the slopes of the Cheval Noir, Valmorel is a charming village resort with typical traditional architecture made of timber, stone and slate. The Grand Domaine ski area offers a wide range of open spaces, with all types of skiing at your fingertips. Restricted to pedestrians, the centre of Valmorel is very lively.
Valmorel: a "non-skier friendly" resort
Valmorel, one of the Alps' most beautiful resorts, is located near the Vanoise, Lauzière and Beaufortain mountain ranges. If offers huge diversity in scenery, between gentle mountain hills and dizzyingly high slopes:
- Architecture in perfect harmony with the resort's environment.
- Located on the Cheval Noir face of the mountain (2,875 m).
- In the heart of a 150 km network of paths crossing the Aigueblanche valleys.
- The Grand Domaine is the top ski area in the Tarentaise Mountains. It connects the Maurienne valley with the St François Longchamp resort.
All services and shops are in the centre of the Valmorel resort: restaurants, mini-markets, sports shops, bakeries, bars and more. There is a small shopping centre in Crève Cœur.
The Grand Domaine combines several ski domains over a total area of 3650 hectares. Fans of walking holidays will be enchanted by the snowshoe trails or cross-country routes in the middle of the pines. The Maeva Planchamp et Mottet residence in Valmorel offers no-stress, low cost holidays not only thanks to unbeatable offers but also thanks to the personalised services available, especially in terms of child care facilities.
Activities near Valmorel
- Wellness centre, Spa des Cîmes, located in the resort, 300 m from the residence (Rue du Bourg, Valmorel), tel: +33 (0)4 79 09 33 03
Sauna, hammam and a treatment room
SPA Õ DES LAUZES, 11 km from the resort in La Léchère, tel: +33 (0)4 79 22 44 16
Large spa covering more than 1500 m² backing onto the thermal baths: several swimming pools, bubble baths, hot tubs, hammam, saunas, balneotherapy, facials, body treatments, massages, etc. (Fee applies)
- Cinema, Valmorel Cinema: 2 screens, 2 different films and 2 showings per day (closed on Saturdays). (Fee applies)
- Children's clubs, Pierre & Vacances together with the French Ski School (ESF) welcomes your children to the Piou Piou Club:
- Baby club (18 - 35 months): Indoor activities (games, drawing, crafts...) and outdoor activities (snowman building, sledging, outdoor games and more).
- Children's club (ages 3 to 4 inclusive): Discover skiing the fun way, supervised by French Ski School instructors.
6 hectares of snow garden just for children (with 2 conveyor belts) and a chalet covering more than 700 m² (games rooms, quiet rooms for younger children, crafts, library, sun terraces and more). Meals available.
Please note: Book at the same time as the accommodation - Your places are guaranteed and you will avoid long queues. (Fee applies)
- Nightclub, Le Sound Pub & Club in the resort, open 9 pm to 5 am (Fee applies)
- Sledging, Sledging run (including night-time runs) at the foot of the residence. (Fee applies)
- Hiking, There are many hiking routes on offer in the area around the resort, information available from the Valmorel Tourist Office (Bourg Morel), tel: +33 (0)4 79 09 85 55
Please note: There are lots of marked paths to explore (Fee applies)
- Snowshoes, This activity is available near the residence.
Enquire at the tourist office, many trips are on offer. (Fee applies)
- Snowboarding, ESF Valmorel (Hameau du Mottet), tel: +33 (0)4 79 09 81 86.
Compagnie des Alpes ski areas, web: www.compagniedesalpes.com/fr/dom_ski.
150 km of slopes. (Fee applies)