Access by car:
Paris (650 km) - Lyon (250 km) - Geneva (110 km)
- Take the A6 to Lyon then head for Chamonix on the A40, and come off at the Cluses exit (18)
- Then head for Taninges on the D902, and follow signs for Les Gêts and Morzine - Avoriaz (distance from Morzine to Avoriaz: 11 km)
- Avoriaz is a car-free resort
- Car parks are available at the entrance to the resort
Distance to train station:
THONON-LES-BAINS OR CLUSES TGV STATION (45 km)
LYON ST EXUPÉRY AIRPORT (200 km)
GENEVA-COINTRIN AIRPORT (110 km)
ANNECY AIRPORT (96 km)
Avoriaz 1800 is a lively, friendly car-free resort that's internationally famous.
- Portes du Soleil, one of the world's largest ski areas: - 650 km of pistes with France on one side and Switzerland on the other
Amenities and shops are in the centre of Avoriaz, about 15 mins from the residence.
A top destination for a great mountain holiday, Avoriaz and the Les Portes du Soleil domain offer winter ski holidays in a ski resort with excellent snow levels. In summer, its picturesque architecture is fully revealed and the beautiful landscape makes it perfect for an unforgettable walking holiday. On site, the Balcons du Soleil offer all you need for a family holiday and the La Falaise residence puts on colourful evening entertainment.
Activities near Avoriaz
- Ice rink, Avoriaz Ice Rink (Promenade du Festival in the centre of the resort), open every day 2 pm to 8 pm.
Outdoor ice-skating rink (26, Place du Baraty), every day from December to March, 10 am to 12 noon and 5 pm to 8 pm (depending on the weather). (Fee applies)
- Snowshoes, Guides Office (23 Taille de Mas du Pleney, Morzine), tel: +33 (0)6 95 02 75 35 (500 m from the residence).
Afternoon or full day of walking with picnics, snowshoeing with an instructor from the ESF (French Ski School), tel: +33 (0)4 50 74 04 83, email: email@example.com (Fee applies)
- Authentic, local activities, Find out about activities hosted by local guides who want to share their passion with you!
Find all the activities available near your residence on the Pierre & Vacances app or in your customer account. (Fee applies)
- Fitness room, Fitness studio located in the holiday village or resort. (Fee applies)
- Alpine skiing, Avoriaz ESF ski school (Cap Neige building), tel: +33 (0)4 50 74 05 65.
SERMA pass, web: www.skipass-avoriaz.com/#&panel1-1.
76 km of slopes. (Fee applies)
- Cross-country skiing, Avoriaz ESF ski school (Cap Neige building), tel: +33 (0)4 50 74 05 65.
SERMA pass, web: www.skipass-avoriaz.com/#&panel1-1.
37 km of cross-country ski slopes. (Fee applies)
- Snowboarding, With both feet on the board, carve out your best curves and enjoy an incredible feeling of freedom! (Fee applies)
- Children's village, With the Children's Village and its skiing lessons based on role-play and games, you can be confident that your child will have the best possible learning experience, whether they are beginners or at competition level. The school has its own Jardin des Neiges ski kindergarten in the heart of Avoriaz, so that children can discover the joy of winter sports at their own pace.
- Click on the links in the emails you receive once you have made your booking
- In your Pierre & Vacances customer account
- Please go to our dedicated web page: pierreetvacances.com/fr-fr/cours-de-ski_ms (Fee applies)
- Dog sledding, Dog sledding adventure (Col de la Joue Verte, Avoriaz), half or full-day, tel: +33 (0)6 80 93 26 20 (800 m from the residence). (Fee applies)
- Children's Village, The Children's Village is located near the residence (Place des Ruches, Avoriaz), tel: +33 (0)4 50 74 04 46
Open Sunday to Friday, 9 am to 12 noon and 2 pm to 5 pm.
The Children's Village welcomes young skiers aged 3 to 16, and offers a large team of instructors and facilitators whose educational approach is based on role-play and games. The Village has forged a strong reputation through its ability to adapt to each child's natural rhythm: indoor activities are available when he or she is tired, or a nap in the nursery; children can come during parents' skiing lessons, etc.
Children can have lunch and an afternoon snack at the Children's Village restaurant and take part in a range of activities after skiing, suited to different age groups: puppets, reading, drawing, theatre, films, costume and make-up, shows, etc. (Fee applies)
- Scuba diving, Ice-diving at Montriond Lake with Takamaka on Friday and Saturday (other days upon request for groups of 5 or more), tel: +33 (0)4 50 73 80 98, web: leman.takamaka.fr/lemanfrance/DT1237539983/activite/Plongee-sous-Glace-Montriond-HIVER.html/typeid-88 (Fee applies)
- Bowling, Bowling alley near the residence (45, Place des Dromonts), tel: +33 (0)4 50 74 06 77
Winter: Daily from 2 pm to 3 am (11 am in bad weather)
Summer (from mid-July): 4 pm to 3 am (2 pm in bad weather) (Fee applies)
- Cinema, Portes du Soleil cinema (Place Centrale, Avoriaz), tel: +33 (0)4 50 74 09 46 (Fee applies)
- Paragliding, Three paragliding schools near the residences for a tandem flight.
- Station Aéro B, tel: +33 (0)6 26 35 48 06.
- École de Glisse, tel: +33 (0)4 50 74 02 18.
- École de Parapente des Portes du Soleil, tel: +33 (0)4 50 75 76 39. (Fee applies)
- Squash, This activity is available at the resort. (Fee applies)