Access by car:
Paris (650 km) - Lyon (250 km) - Geneva (110 km)
- Take the A6 to Lyon then head for Chamonix on the A40, and come off at the Cluses exit (18)
- Then head for Taninges on the D902, and follow signs for Les Gêts and Morzine - Avoriaz (distance from Morzine to Avoriaz: 11 km)
- Avoriaz is a car-free resort
- Car parks are available at the entrance to the resort
Distance to train station:
THONON-LES-BAINS OR CLUSES TGV STATION (45 km)
LYON ST EXUPÉRY AIRPORT (200 km)
GENEVA-COINTRIN AIRPORT (110 km)
ANNECY AIRPORT (96 km)
Avoriaz 1800 is a lively, friendly car-free resort that's internationally famous.
- An enchanting environment: Pines, lakes, mountain pastures, chalets, rich fauna, and much more.
- Prime area for nature, sporting and relaxation activities.
- With its 800 km of hiking trails, explore a wide range of landscapes and splendid panoramas: Dents du Midi, Mont-Blanc and Lake Geneva.
A full range of shops and amenities are located in the La Falaise area or in the centre of the Avoriaz resort, 300 m from the residence.
A top destination for a great mountain holiday, Avoriaz and the Les Portes du Soleil domain offer winter ski holidays in a ski resort with excellent snow levels. In summer, its picturesque architecture is fully revealed and the beautiful landscape makes it perfect for an unforgettable walking holiday. On site, the Balcons du Soleil offer all you need for a family holiday and the La Falaise residence puts on colourful evening entertainment.
Activities near Avoriaz
- Squash, You can enjoy this activity at the Body Form area (Les Fontaines Blanches building), every day from 9 am to 7 pm, tel: +33 (0)4 50 74 02 11
Please note: Shoes with light-coloured soles mandatory. (Fee applies)
- Cinema, Portes du Soleil cinema (Place Centrale, Avoriaz), tel: +33 (0)4 50 74 09 46 (Fee applies)
- Avo Kids Club, The Annie Famose Children's Village is located near the residence (Place des Ruches, Avoriaz), tel: +33 (0)4 50 74 04 46
Skiing, snowboarding, activities and entertainment suitable for each age group:
- For little ones (aged 3 to 6): 5 hectares of slopes created and reserved especially for them with cartoon character decorations and mini-ski lifts
- For older children (aged 6 to 16): Beginner or advanced skiing lessons, including 4 "competition" courses (slalom, introductory, multi-discipline, freeride courses)
- The Snowboarding Village: 10 hectares where keen 8- to 16-year-old snowboarders can practise in total safety
Please note: Book at the same time as your accommodation (your places will be guaranteed and you will avoid long queues). (Fee applies)
- Ice rink, Avoriaz Ice Rink (Promenade du Festival in the centre of the resort), open every day 2 pm to 8 pm. (Fee applies)
- Scuba diving, Ice-diving at Montriond Lake with Takamaka on Friday and Saturday (other days upon request for groups of 5 or more), tel: +33 (0)4 50 73 80 98, web: leman.takamaka.fr/lemanfrance/DT1237539983/activite/Plongee-sous-Glace-Montriond-HIVER.html/typeid-88 (Fee applies)
- Children's village, With the Children's Village and its skiing lessons based on role-play and games, you can be confident that your child will have the best possible learning experience, whether they are beginners or at competition level. The school has its own Jardin des Neiges ski kindergarten in the heart of Avoriaz, so that children can discover the joy of winter sports at their own pace.
- Click on the links in the emails you receive once you have made your booking
- In your Pierre & Vacances customer account
- Please go to our dedicated web page: pierreetvacances.com/fr-fr/cours-de-ski_ms (Fee applies)
- Dog sledding, Dog sledding adventure (Col de la Joue Verte, Avoriaz), half or full-day, tel: +33 (0)6 80 93 26 20. (Fee applies)
- There are lots of opportunities for hiking in the area surrounding the resort. Information available from:
- Evolution 2, located in the centre of the resort (central square), tel: +33 (0)4 50 74 02 18
- Maison de la Montagne located 500 m from the residence (Cap Neige building), tel: +33 (0)6 95 02 75 35, There are many hiking routes on offer in the area around the resort, information available from the Guides Office located 500 m from the residence (23, Taille de Mas du Pleney, Morzine), tel: +33 (0)6 95 02 75 35 (Fee applies)
- Snowshoes, Guides Office (23 Taille de Mas du Pleney, Morzine), tel: +33 (0)6 95 02 75 35 (500 m from the residence).
Afternoon or full day of walking with picnics, snowshoeing with an instructor from the ESF (French Ski School), tel: +33 (0)4 50 74 04 83, email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Fee applies)
- Authentic, local activities, Find out about activities hosted by local guides who want to share their passion with you!
Find all the activities available near your residence on the Pierre & Vacances app or in your customer account. (Fee applies)
- Bowling, Bowling alley near the residence (45, Place des Dromonts), tel: +33 (0)4 50 74 06 77 (Fee applies)
- Deep Nature® spa, Deep Nature® spa located in Pierre & Vacances L'Amara Premium residence.
Four treatment rooms including one double room with mountain view, exfoliation table, hot tub on outdoor terrace, multi-sensory shower, and relaxation room with wonderful view. (Fee applies)
- Sledging, Free sledging area (centre of the resort), contact the Tourist Office for more information, tel: +33 (0)4 50 74 02 11.
- Snowboarding, Avoriaz ESF ski school (Cap Neige building), tel: +33 (0)4 50 74 05 65.
SERMA pass, web: www.skipass-avoriaz.com/#&panel1-1.
5 marked itineraries and 7 snowparks. (Fee applies)